prstat / prstat -mLp
- the last number of each column is the NLWP (number light weight processes aka threads) that are currently active.
- prstat -mLp
will show the current threads for one process. The last column is the LWPID (light weight process ID)
- LWPID’s increment by one, hence the highest LWPID indicates how many threads have been launched since process creation.
- indicates how many threads have been launched since process creation.
truss -f -p
- new system calls for one thread
/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10/bin/jstatd -J-Djava.security.policy=jstatd.all.policy -p 52074
- starts an rmi server on the local host to be able to monitor application running on this host
- determines the running java processes